Amsterdam
Matt and I returned yesterday from Amsterdam. (Sorry there are no pictures, we left the camera at home in a scurry out the door.) The city was much different then we had anticipated. For starters, it was bigger then what I had pictured. The "coffeeshops" distributing soft drugs blended into the scene, I had expected it all to be much more commercialized. The red light district was also much bigger then I had expected. It's truly a district, it went on for blocks. I had expected it to feel more seedy, but there were all shapes and ages there.
We LOVED that almost everything was in English. It felt refreshing after being in Europe for a couple of months now to go somewhere that was easy to be. The town is laid back to begin with, but then throw in some English speakers, and we had a great time.
We spent a lot of time walking the city. We saw two amazing museums while we were there. The Van Gogh and the Anne Frank House. Both were fascinating and very well put together. We spent quite a bit of time in each lingering over the exhibits.
Overall it was a great weekend getaway and very relaxing to go somewhere we could communicate!
(Matt and I have our weekly German lesson tonight, so hopefully that aspect of life will continue to get easier.)
We LOVED that almost everything was in English. It felt refreshing after being in Europe for a couple of months now to go somewhere that was easy to be. The town is laid back to begin with, but then throw in some English speakers, and we had a great time.
We spent a lot of time walking the city. We saw two amazing museums while we were there. The Van Gogh and the Anne Frank House. Both were fascinating and very well put together. We spent quite a bit of time in each lingering over the exhibits.
Overall it was a great weekend getaway and very relaxing to go somewhere we could communicate!
(Matt and I have our weekly German lesson tonight, so hopefully that aspect of life will continue to get easier.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home