Sunday, October 22, 2006

Luzern cheese festival


A picture from one of the fondue packages I purchased. Also, what I looked like after I left Luzern.

Snapshot finish of the rowers approaching the finish line.
Matt enjoying Jill's birthday!

Jill celebrates her birthday on the Luzern riverfront.

This fake cow display gives locals a chance to simulate hand-milking. The most troubling part to Matt was the garden hose going in the cow's rear, supplying the "milk".

Get out of my way! I'm going in for a sample. Most of the day was spent throwing some 'bows and trying to get us some cheese.

Yesterday Matt and I went to Luzern to celebrate my birthday at the cheese festival. We found lots of interesting kinds of cheese and fondues, and we were able to try enough cheeses to make us sick! (More me then Matt, as I clearly sampled more then he.) We bought a few to take home with us. We also were able to take in some scenery along with a rowing competition being held along the Reuss River. It was crowded with people to see this spectacle and proved to be quite exciting.
We finished off the night with a fantastic dinner of lamb along with some other great courses at the French-Swiss restaurant of Le Dézaley. The night cap, which could have been better, was the Hawkeye game against Michigan. (Started at 9:30pm Zurich time, 2:30 back home in the States.)
Pretty great day to turn 26. (Which the exception of the Hawk loss, of course.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home