Ich möchte ein pommes frites bitte.

Celebrating in style :)

I was beckoned to the homeland.

Swapping smiles with the Mikey D's staff.

Pommes frites to go! (Yes, the people in tights are with us.)

Matt's "casual dracula" look worked well for the running.

The group relaxes at the last pub of the night.
We celebrated Halloween last night by pub crawling with a local running club called the Zurich Hash House Harriers. The Hash House Harriers is actually a network of runners/walkers that span the globe. They operate under the slogan, "We're a drinking club with a running problem." (If that's any indication as to how serious these runs are.) Other clubs tend to sing more songs and chug more beers then the Zurich group because we meet on weeknights.
On a Hash run, someone (designated the hare) sets a path with flour markings and the rest of the group (rabbits) chase these markings, wherever they may lead. (On Halloween night, the markings led us to a series of bars!) It's an interesting mix of all nationalities within the group, but they all definitely know how to have a good time.
Probably the highlight for us was the stop at McDonald's. The workers, though smiling, didn't seem to find it too strange that a giant carton of french fries stepped up to the counter to say,
"Ich möchte ein pommes frites bitte." (I would like a french fries please.) Luckily we were able to get a few snaps in before the McDonald's manager chased us out. I think he was upset my costume wasn't trademarked. :)
Great weather for a great night of fun. Couldn't ask for anything more on Halloween. Cheers!

3 Comments:
Looks like fun!
Hi Jill! Long time no post. Sorry it's been so long. I love your Halloween costume... it's brilliant, as always. And also a VERY belated thank you for the postcard you sent to the Gardening staff while you were on vacation. We loved it! I'm now going through your blog reading all the past entries and catching up. It's so much fun to read, and your photos are great. Miss you, girly!
--Amy at NAMG
They don't do much of the singing and ceremony because it's a weeknight group. I have no name yet...I'll let you know. Do you have one??
Post a Comment
<< Home