Neuschwanstein

Yesterday, Julie, Matt, and I left Zurich in a rental car equipped with GPS and pointed in the direction of Fuessen. We thought we had a little time to spare to get to the Neuschwanstein Castle ticket office before they closed at 3:00 pm.
Lesson # 1. Your GPS guide is only as good as the information you give it. Since our hotel is located in a town square, we had trouble entering the driving directions. After some fiddling around, we thought we had entered the town as our destination, and off we went. There were some clues along the way, we should have paid more attention to. Turns out our destination programmed in the GPS was wrong, but luckily we were able to self-correct along the route without too much delay. We arrived at the ticket office with 15 minutes to spare.
We were able to get one of the last tours of the Castle for the day. It was awesome! Though the Castle was never finished, the rooms that were done had intriciate details that were astounding.
We checked into our hotel next. Hotel Sonne in Fuessen is gorgeous! Everything looks brand new - including the sauna room on the 4th floor. We went for a delicious dinner and called it a night.
Today, we head towards Regensburg. It's a 2.5 hour drive. The GPS (which is amazing by the way!) should get us there without any trouble. That is, if we don't mess up the input. I wonder if any of the roads are on the autobahn? That was some fun driving yesterday. My first in 5 months, and I get to open up the speeds on the interstate. Woo hoo!
Cheers from the road!

1 Comments:
Aw, Julie looks so cute and smiley in this photo :) Jill, I have not checked the blog in awhile and it was so nice to read about all your fun and exciting adventures. I have to agree with your fellow blogger, you really are getting out there and living this experience to the fullest! That is awesome! I love the photos of you and Matt on the mountain skiing! I can't believe that was his first time.....geez I would have died! Well, I hope all is well! Give me love to your Mom and Matt. Love, Mel
Post a Comment
<< Home