Sledging with KPMG in Bergün!
Breakfast is served. Our sledge trip organizers planned this delightful snack during our morning train ride to the mountains. Consisting of salmon, bacon, cheese, bread, and champagne. What a way to start the day!
The first run for the group down the mountain in Bergün
Finishing off the evening with a fondue dinner in Zürich at the Köchlistube
Matt and I did our best with our pot of cheese, but I've learned my lesson, that sometimes it is possible to get too much of a good thing.
Saturday morning at 8:20 am Matt and I met with 14 other KPMG workers or significant others to take part in an annual sledging extravaganza. We travelled approximately 2 hours 45 minutes to the popular sledge town of Bergün. This trip was fantastically orchestrated, every detail thoughtfully planned. It was quite nice to kick back and enjoy a trip organized by another, as I often take care of all the odds and ends of our travel. (i.e. reservations, maps, packing, tourist highlights, etc.)
To make the deal even sweeter, Matt and I had the chance to spend some quality time with some Swiss people, which is a bit of an honor since they tend not to open themselves up to outsiders in the same way Americans do. We also were able to "eavesdrop" on some conversations both in High German and Swiss German. This was a great learning tool for us in distinguishing between the languages and motivated us again to continue with our studies.
The sledging was loads of fun. The snow could have been better, but you think only about not crashing when coasting along at 15+ mph and attempting to navigate the sharp turns.
The day finished off back in Zürich at the Köchlistube fondue restaurant. We had a small salad and lots of bread and cheese. (We opted not to dip our bread in kirsch liquor before slathering on the cheese like some of the others were doing. We found the wine already added to the pot was strong enough!) Matt is still adjusting to idea of this being complete supper. I love fondue, but I know what he means. I still need to try out the other two popular ways to fondue - with meat and either an oil or a broth. Yum yum.
It was a day of great fun and opportunity for us. So glad we were able to go.

1 Comments:
Thanks Amy! I'm glad you're reading, and I'm working on the writing. I tend to get lazy and just throw the pics up on the web so my folks can see. Miss talking Survivor with you :) Cheers.
Post a Comment
<< Home