Bike Ride Around Zürichsee
Vineyards near Mannerdorf
Along the Seequai in Rapperswil
Restaurants in Rapperswil along the Seequai
A look back at Rapperswil from the bridge
The Lindt & Sprüngli factory in Kilchberg
On Monday I accomplished something I've wanted to do since arriving in town last July. I took a bike ride around the Zürichsee. (And by going around the lake, I mean through Rapperswil and Pfäffikon, not including the Obersee portion) From the views of the lake at Uetliberg, I thought this would have been a much tougher ride. The only tough part about it is having cars, trucks, and semis whizz by me. There are a few paths along the way that get you off the main roads, but of the several times I tried to get off the street, I got stuck on a dead end and had to turn back around.
All in all, the ride took about 3.5 hours, including the stop to eat a sandwich, take some pictures, and getting stuck on the dead ends. It is about a 40 mile ride according to Via Michelin's website, but unfortunately my odometer is not working, so I couldn't verify that.
I think next time I go for a ride, I'll head out into the country, as ride side by side with vehicles doesn't allow for a relaxing trip.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home