Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Carving Competition



Matt and I carved our very expensive Swiss pumpkins last night with the stencils my mom brought over on her last visit. It quickly turned into a competition for Matt after he picked out a "challenging" stencil while I opted for an "easy" one. Say what you will about the detail on his Grimreaper, but I could have carved out another 2 witches in the time it took him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful halloween pumpkins!

I made mine (see my blog) after an own design (drawn on paper, then freely redrawn on pumpkin because I couldn't figure out how to produce a stencil)...

Plus I don't have the technique worked out well - my pumpkin's upper part allways shrinks and gets burned after two or three days (I guess I have to get a bigger pumpkin or a smaller candle).

If you have any advice on how to do this more professionally you are welcome...

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home