Thursday, July 10, 2008

Goodbye Switzerland!


Matt and I have been in the United States for the past 12 days now. I am permenantly back. Matt still has to make one more work trip, but will be here full time by the end of July. We spent our first week searching for apartments in New York City, Manhattan specifically. We think we may have found a place but are still waiting for all the papers to be processed and approved. We expect no hitches and are quite please with our potential future home in the Upper East Side.
Moving is alot of work and being without a place to call "home" for at least 5 weeks makes for a crazy time. But I am back in Iowa, and to me everywhere in Iowa is home, even if I am couch surfing. Though I am glad that it is just for a long visit. Getting a taste of NYC has made me excited to go back. We also had a chance to catch up with friends living there already and they gave us just a peak of what life could be like there. But for now we are enjoying every minute we have had with our families. It's been great to hug and hold our nieces and nephews we missed so much while away.
So this is the end of the blog for me...
Matt and Jill's Zurich Adventures are done for any foreseeable future, so it only seems right to close it out here. Thanks for being apart of it.
Blessings,
Jill and Matt

6 Comments:

Blogger Jul said...

There won't be a sequel for your NYC adventures?

9:52 AM  
Blogger Global Librarian said...

We'll miss you!

And I second Jul...

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd love to see a continued New York adventures blog!!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Susan May said...

I agree with those above ... a NYC blog would be great! I'm sorry I didn't meet you sooner. Blessings to you both.

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your Zurich blog, Jill... it was fun to keep up with all your great adventures. You're a fantastic writer! Good luck with the move to NYC... I know you guys will have a great time there. --Amy at NAMG

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, i am very cinterested in living in switzerland, any tips?

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home